Ashok Leyland (AL) said on Monday it’s entering the used vehicles business by tying up with Shriram Automall India Limited (SAMIL), a marketplace connecting pre-owned vehicles and equipment buyers and sellers.
The companies will launch a physical and digital platform for facilitating the exchange, disposal and purchase of old commercial vehicles. Ashok Leyland, the flagship company of the Hinduja group, aims to streamline the used vehicle market by leveraging its commercial vehicle digital ecosystem and partners for physical interactions in over 100 locations across India. The company aims to bring in more transparency into used vehicles business.
“With our aspirations to be an end-to-end mobility solutions provider, this partnership will help establish our presence in the pre-owned commercial vehicle segment. With our experience as one of the largest truck makers, this initiative will help to debottleneck the ecosystem through a co
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.