With India pushing towards the target of 100 per cent Electric Vehicle Nation by 2030, Boom Motors, a new high-tech EV brand from the state of Tamil Nadu, has launched its first product. The firm said it aims to accelerate the country’s transition to clean mobility through indigenous high-performance electric vehicles that suits the Indian conditions.
“I believe that climate change is the biggest threat in front of us and have made it our mission to eliminate the largest sources of pollution in India – vehicular pollution,” said Anirudh Ravi Narayanan, CEO of Boom Motors.
The company on Thursday unveiled the Boom Corbett – a durable and long-lasting bike. The bike features a 2.3 kWh– which can optionally be doubled to 4.6 kWh – giving the vehicle a best-in-class range of up to 200 kms. The batteries are swappable and they come with a portable charger that can plug into any household socket thereby remov
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.