Even though the spread of Covid-19 and the subsequent lockdown have severely affected the start-up ecosystem in the country, experts believe that many of them who are mostly in early stages, are going to find it extremely difficult to get access to funding once the situation improves. The venture capital (VC) investors, they said, would prefer to only invest in their existing portfolio to protect their investments than putting any fresh money into new ideas.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, April 05 2020. 22:43 IST