Esah Tea, a D2C tea brand from artisanal small tea growers of Assam and Northeast, has raised Rs 3 core ($400,000) in its pre-series A round from NEDFI Venture Capital Ltd (NVCL). North East Venture Fund (NEVF), is a North East India focused Venture Fund and is a joint initiative of the Ministry of DoNER, NEDFI and SIDBI.
The company intends to utilise the funds in expanding the marketing and operations team. It will also use a part of the raised investment in developing new products, and launching brand stores in new geographies.
Esah is the first tea start-up from Assam to raise VC funding. The brand has earlier raised angel investment from SRD Group and Grant From Assam Startup & NEAT-E-Hub.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.