Refyne, India’s first and largest Earned Wage Access (EWA) platform, has announced the closing of its $ 82 million Series B round led by Tiger Global. A significant contribution came in from existing international investors - QED Investors, partners of DST Global, Jigsaw VC, XYZ Capital, and RTP Global - and new investor Digital Horizon participating in the round.
Refyne, founded by Chitresh Sharma and Apoorv Kumar, has quickly become India’s premier EWA platform that partners with employers to enable their employees to access a portion of their accrued but unpaid salary any time before payday. Within just 10 months of being operational, Refyne has raised a total of $106 million. The company has pioneered EWA for the Indian workforce, establishing a stronghold as the leader for on-demand pay in the market. In less than a year, Refyne’s transacting user base has grown 68x and the platform recorded 165x increase in the number of transactions ove
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.