Rising food inflation may have severely crimped household budgets in the past few quarters, but the inflation bogey still lurks. Suresh Narayanan, chairman and managing director of food and beverage major Nestlé India, expects further rise in food prices next year. Surging prices of agri-commodities, oils and packaging materials, coupled with greater economic activities across key economies, are expected to inflate food prices further.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, September 20 2021. 19:33 IST