The Madras High Court (HC) has dismissed Cognizant Technology Solutions India’s (CTSIPL’s) petition challenging the recovery proceedings initiated by the income tax department for non-payment of Rs 2,800 crore in dividend distribution tax (DDT). The court has dismissed another plea by Cognizant (Mauritius) and Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (US), against the department.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, June 25 2019. 21:46 IST