Taking advantage of the low share prices, the promoter entities owned by Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries
(RIL), raised their stake by 2.71 per cent to 48.87 per cent in RIL. The market value of RIL on Tuesday was Rs 7.58 trillion. The additional stake was acquired by Reliance Services and Holdings (controlled by Petroleum Trust, part of the promoter group). RIL shares closed at Rs 1,197 apiece, down 1.12 per cent.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, September 18 2019. 03:16 IST