Tata Motors, which recently overtook Japanese carmaker Honda to emerge as the fourth-largest player in the domestic passenger vehicles (cars, utility vehicles, and vans) market, says it could rise to the third spot by overtaking M&M any day. The country's largest automaker by revenue has narrowed the gap with Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) on the back of a strong double-digit growth in volumes.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
Insightful news, sharp views, newsletters, e-paper, and more! Unlock incisive commentary only on Business Standard.
Download the Business Standard App for latest Business News and Market News .
First Published: Thu, October 11 2018. 05:31 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU