Online media platform The Better India, which publishes positive stories related to social development, travel, environment and women empowerment among others, has raised around Rs 25 crore ($3.5 million) in Series A round. The Elevar Equity-led investment round also saw the participation from TPG Rise (The Rise Fund).
With this investment, The Better India aims to launch a curated marketplace that will benefit micro, small and medium enterprises, self-help groups and NGOs who make great products but lack access to consumer markets.
The Better India was founded by Dhimant Parekh and Anuradha Kedia, husband-wife duo and graduates from the Indian School of Business, as an online blog in 2008. The platform throws the spotlight on c, angemakers, solutions and innovations across the country.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.