Truecaller on Thursday launched video caller ID, voice call recording, ghost calling and call announce features as part of its new version upgrade for Android phones.
Video Caller ID will allow users to set a short video that plays automatically when they call friends and family. Users can choose from one of the built in video templates or record their own video. While users can choose to turn the feature on or off for all their contacts, the second phase of the feature will allow users to let only specific contacts see a video when they call.
Call Recording, which was initially introduced as a Premium only feature, has been reintroduced and will be available to everyone running Android 5.1 and newer. With Call Recording, you can record all incoming and outgoing calls regardless of whether your device manufacturer includes the feature or not.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.