Tube Investments of India (TII), one of Murugappa Group's major businesses, last year decided to demerge its manufacturing business undertaking, including manufacture of tubes and components, bicycles and fitness products and chains for auto and industrial sectors, into a wholly owned subsidiary called TI Financial Holdings Ltd. Currently, it is also looking at investing in start-ups and has evaluated a few already. In an interaction with Gireesh Babu, TII Managing Director (MD) L RAMKUMAR explains the strategy and plans of the company. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.