In 1982, TVS Motor began its journey on the road to becoming a premium two-wheeler company by launching a racing team. But it gained momentum only in 2005 with the 150 cc performance bike TVS Apache. Since then, it has steadily accelerated this premium drive with the recently-acquired British legacy brand Norton and a high-end 200 cc brand called Zeppelin on the launch pad. The pandemic-induced downturn will not change this strategy, the company says.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, September 04 2020. 06:02 IST