Udaan, India’s largest business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce platform, said on Tuesday its food and FMCG business grew 95 per cent year-over-year in October, helped by its ‘Mega Bharat Sale’ for small retailers. The FMCG business witnessed a YoY growth of over 115 per cent with major demands coming from Bharat.
During the festive month, the platform witnessed a 75 per cent jump in retailer participation and over 90 per cent repeat purchase coming from existing buyers. The platform also witnessed major participation from buyers from Tier 2, 3 cities with North India leading in overall sales closely followed by South, West and East respectively.
“Mega Bharat Sale is part of our endeavour to empower the small retailers and kirana stores of Bharat by offering them a vast range of quality products at the most affordable prices,” said Gaurav Dhawan, commercial director – Food & FMCG Business, Udaan.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.