The chorus for a tariff hike from incumbents is getting louder. In August, Bharti Airtel chairman Sunil Mittal declared firmly that mobile tariffs have to go up for the industry to be sustainable. Backing him up was Vodafone Idea chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla who called tariffs, despite last December’s 40-50 per cent increase, very low and said raising them was vital for growth.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, October 05 2020. 06:10 IST