When Zydus Wellness chairman, Sharvil Patel, sealed the final deal with Heinz India in January last year, he knew he was bringing home much more than a portfolio of consumer products. His new acquisitions, Complan, Nycil and Glucon D had a relationship with consumers going back over 50 years and a legacy that cast a shadow well beyond the confines of their categories.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, March 12 2020. 23:25 IST