Around 50 per cent of the population of Delhi have had subsidised electricity bills in the current financial year, which is a record of sorts.
Half the subsidised population received zero electricity bills during the past five months. This is the highest number receiving subsidy in the last five years of the Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP’s) governance in Delhi.
In 2014-15, the number of people availing of subsidy was close to 2.5 million. In the current year, the number has doubled.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.