- Lakhimpur Kheri violence: SKM calls for nationwide 'rail roko' on Oct 18
- J&K: Two non-locals killed in targeted attack in Kulgam
- Prices of onion, tomato and potato cheaper than last year, says govt
- Ramleela skit row: Amid social media outcry, AIIMS student body apologises
- CM Yogi Adityanath to compensate 200,000 UP farmers for crop losses
- Singhu border lynching: 3 sent to police remand, 2 SITs conducting probe
- Jaishankar in Israel for high-level talks for enhancing strategic ties
- Google sent 50K warnings to targets of government-backed hackings
- Delhi Metro launches free WiFi services at Yellow Line metro stations
- PM Modi to inaugurate Kushinagar International Airport on October 20
Babri verdict LIVE: All acquitted; accused tried to stop mob, says judge
The 1992 Babri Masjid demolition had cost around 3,000 lives and changed the country's political landscape. Stay tuned for Babri Masjid demolition verdict LIVE updates
Babri Masjid demolition case verdict: A Special CBI court hearing the Babri mosque demolition case of December 6, 1992, acquitted all the 32 accused on Wednesday saying it was spontaneous and not a planned move. Those acquitted in the case that lasted 28 years include former Deputy Prime Minister L.K. Advani, former Union Ministers M.M. Joshi, Uma Bharti, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh and Mahant Nritya Gopal Das, among others. Former BJP MP Vinay Katiyar and Hindu leader Sadhvi Rithambhara, who were among the accused present in court, said: "Sab Ramji ki kripa hai".
As soon as the court announced the acquittal of the accused, jubilation broke out outside the court, in Ayodhya and Lucknow where supporters of the leaders were present to celebrate the occasion. Special CBI judge S.K. Yadav, in his verdict, said that the demotion was not a planned incident but a spontaneous act.
Stay tuned for Babri Masjid demolition verdict LIVE updates