- Centre lifts ban on onion exports from January 1 as prices plunge
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it: RBI working paper on 4% inflation target
- Wall Street hits record high after Trump signs fiscal aid bill
- Govt calls farmers for talks on Wed, PM says acts will better their lives
- Tesla Inc to start with sales, manufacturing in India next year: Report
- Centre releases Rs 6,000 crore loan to states to meet GST shortfall
- Ram Temple project likely to cost Rs 1,100 crore: Trust official
- Adani Ports crosses Rs 1 trillion-mark in market capitalisation
- India struggled to balance virus containment with economic growth: JPMorgan
- Nod for Covid vaccine in the next few days: Serum Institute's Poonawalla
LIVE: Home ministry extends guidelines on containing pandemic till January
Coronavirus live updates: At 1,922,048, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 915,345, Andhra Pradesh 881,000, Tamil Nadu 814,000, and Kerala 735,611
Coronavirus live updates: With 20,333 fresh Covid-19 cases, India's caseload now stands at 10,217,777. The country's death toll has mounted to 148,051. With 1,922,048 cases, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 915,345, Andhra Pradesh 881,000, Tamil Nadu 814,000, and Kerala 735,611. The Covid-19 active caseload in the country has dipped to 278,000. However, the pandemic continues to take a toll on activities.
The Centre on Monday maintained the Covid-19 restrictions on various activities, noting that while there has been a continuous decline in active cases in India, there is a need for surveillance, containment and caution due to a surge globally and the emergence of a new variant of the virus in the UK.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 81,266,024. While 57,414,541 have recovered, 1,774,344 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 19,567,784 cases, and 341,138 have died from the disease there. It is followed by India, which has 10,208,725 cases, Brazil (7,484,285), Russia (3,050,248), France (2,559,686).
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.