- Why central banks, including RBI, are raising lending rates aggressively
- June merchandise trade gap at record $25.6 bn, experts say CAD could double
- Ukraine govt lays out $750-bn 'recovery plan' for postwar future
- Tata Motors targets 5x rise in electric vehicle sales by end of 2023-24
- Hotels and restaurants can't levy service charge by default, says CCPA
Coronavirus LIVE: Delhi's Covid-19 caseload crosses 600,000-mark
Coronavirus live updates: At 1,868,172, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 896,563, Andhra Pradesh 873,000, Tamil Nadu 794,020, and Kerala 649,000
Coronavirus live updates: On Wednesday, India reported 31,521 fresh Covid-19 cases. Its case tally now stands at 9,778,027. The country's death toll has mounted to 141,937. With 1,868,172 cases, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 896,563, Andhra Pradesh 873,000, Tamil Nadu 794,020, and Kerala 649,000. Delhi recorded 2,463 fresh Covid-19 cases on Wednesday with over 72,000 tests being conducted, even as the positivity rate dropped to 3.42 per cent.
An expert committee of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) will meet today to review the applications of Pfizer, Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech for emergency-use authorisation for their Covid-19 vaccine candidates.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 69,459,768. While 48,189,133 have recovered, 1,579,721 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 15,810,242 cases, and 296,567 have died from the disease there. It is followed by India, which has 9,767,371 cases, Brazil (6,730,118), Russia (2,541,199), France (2,324,216).
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.