- PM Modi calls for 'fulfilment of all' instead of 'appeasement' politics
- DGCA seeks explanation from IndiGo after massive flight delays
- Q1FY23 results: Margin pressure on IT services to remain, focus on outlook
- Fuel exports rise in FY23; refiners stay healthy despite addl excise
- After terrible first half, 2022 may bring more bad news for US markets
Coronavirus LIVE: 74 mn may have been infected by Aug, shows sero survey
Coronavirus live updates: At 1,802,365, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 878,055, Andhra Pradesh 864,000, Tamil Nadu 774,710 and Kerala 571,000
Coronavirus update: On Wednesday, India reported 44,699 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking its tally to 9,288,665. The country's death toll mounted to 135,491. At 1,795,959, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 878,055, Andhra Pradesh 864,000, Tamil Nadu 774,710 and Kerala 571,000. Delhi recorded 5,246 fresh Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours, while 99 more fatalities pushed the city's death toll to 8,720. With Covid cases surging in many parts of the country, the government has issued fresh guidelines for states to strictly enforce containment measures, surveillance and caution to fully overcome the pandemic. The guidelines will be effective from December 1 till the end of the month.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 60,916,433. While 42,202,121 have recovered, 1,430,491 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 13,125,587 cases, and 268,119 have died from the disease there. It is followed by India, which has 9,266,705 cases, Brazil (6,166,898), France (2,170,097), Russia (2,162,503).
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.