- TN: Tata Power to invest Rs 3k cr to set up solar cell manufacturing unit
- Windfall tax: $12 margin hit for Reliance; govt to rake in Rs 1.3 trn
- Highest 28% GST on luxury, sin goods to continue: Revenue Secretary
- IndiaMART InterMESH hits 52-week low; stock slips 43% in six months
- Bajaj Auto starts share buyback worth Rs 2,500 crore at Rs 4,600 per share
- RBI should intervene less, let rupee depreciate gradually: D Subbarao
Coronavirus LIVE: Wearing masks mandatory for next 6 mnths, says Thackeray
Coronavirus live updates: Kerala reported the maximum number of new cases in the country on Saturday with 6,293 new Covid-19 infections in the last 24 hours.
Coronavirus live updates: With 25,153 new infections in the last 24 hours, India's Covid-19 case tally crossed the 10-million mark, said the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Saturday.
According to the Union Health Ministry, the total numbers of recovered and active cases in the country are 95,50,712 and 3,08,751 respectively. Meanwhile, the country's death toll stands at 1,45,136.
Kerala reported the maximum number of new cases in the country on Saturday with 6,293 new Covid-19 infections in the last 24 hours. Maharashtra reported 3,940 new Covid-19 cases, 3,119 discharges, and 74 deaths today. National Capital Delhi reported 1,139 new Covid-19 cases, 2,168 recoveries and 32 deaths on Saturday. There are 10,358 active cases in the capital territory.
The global COVAX alliance which aims to ensure equitable access to Covid-19 vaccines for low income countries said on Friday that it had arrangements in place to access nearly two billion doses of the coronavirus vaccine candidates, on behalf of 190 participating economies.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 76,363,696. While 53,548,773 have recovered, 1,687,601 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 17,878,152 cases, and 320,766 have died from the disease there. It is followed by India, which has 10,004,825 cases, Brazil (7,163,912), Russia (2,791,220), France (2,442,990).
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.