- Flipkart ropes in JP Morgan's Saroj Panigrahi as Senior VP ahead of IPO
- Piramal Group claims its bid for DHFL highest and compliant with norms
- OTT spurt may not affect cinemas in India, says Elara Capital report
- Banking's game of pretend: It's time we recognised the fate of govt banks
- Tamil Nadu withdraws order permitting 100% occupancy in cinema halls
- Budget Byte: How far will fuel excise duty help govt's fiscal plans?
- Cap on domestic airfare extended till 31 March, but with rules tweaked
Coronavirus LIVE: Kerala reports 6,316 fresh Covid-19 positive cases
Coronavirus live updates: At 1,828,826, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 886,227, Andhra Pradesh 868,000, Tamil Nadu 783,319 and Kerala 608,357
A healthcare worker looks at vaccine
Coronavirus updates: On Tuesday, India reported a significant drop in the number of fresh Covid-19 cases. Its case tally now stands at 9,505,483. The country's death toll has mounted to 138,257. With 1,828,826 cases, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 886,227, Andhra Pradesh 868,000, Tamil Nadu 783,319 and Kerala 608,357. Delhi recorded 4,006 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the infection tally in the national capital to over 574,000, while 86 more fatalities pushed the toll from the disease to 9,260.
In the wake of reporting of two adverse events which occurred with the volunteers during the vaccine trial, the fear and hesitation among the people to take the vaccine is growing. However, the union health ministry on Tuesday said that the government doesn't intend to immunise each individual with the Covid-19 vaccine.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 64,346,292. While 44,618,168 have recovered, 1,490,196 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 14,102,948 cases, and 276,914 have died from the disease there. It is followed by India, which has 9,499,710 cases, Brazil (6,388,526), Russia (2,322,056), France (2,230,571).
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.