- Mumbai reports 541 new Covid-19 infections, taking tally to 270,654
- HC says Sudarshan TV matter pending in SC, refrains from entertaining plea
- Kangana Ranaut, sister Rangoli Chandel summoned by Mumbai police again
- Brexit creates jobs for customs staff in India as firms seek cheaper labour
- BS Reads: Why buying property in Kashmir may not be as easy as it looks
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank failed and this time India is getting a rescue right
- Nigeria High Commission seeks release of 12 citizens from Meghalaya prisons
- Many districts of Uttar Pradesh to receive rain today, says IMD
- GoAir plane makes emergency landing in Karachi as passenger suffers stroke
- J-K High Court orders release of hardline separatist leader Masarat Alam
Coronavirus wrap: India reports second patient; China death toll over 300
The novel virus has sent ripples of fear across the world, especially in Asia. The death toll has now risen to 259 in China. Catch LIVE updates on Coronavirus outbreak
India's second case of the new coronavirus has been detected in Kerala, the government said on Sunday, days after the first case was reported in the state last week.
The patient has tested positive for the virus and has been kept in isolation in a hospital. The person is stable and is being closely monitored, the statement said.
Last week India reported that a student who had returned from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus outbreak, had tested positive and was being treated in isolation. The new strain of coronavirus, which originated in Hubei province in central China late last year, has so far killed more than 300 people amid more than 14,000 total reported cases.