- No fuel crisis, India has enough stock to last lockdown: IOC chief
- Indian students in UK asks Modi to rescue them amid coronavirus travel ban
- Corporator booked for evicting Chhattisgarh nurse over coronavirus fears
- Covid-19 Factoid: Spain's deadliest day, and 3 other important data trends
- India coronavirus dispatch: Long-term strategy needed against Covid-19
- Fighting Covid-19: After the long walk, jobless migrants head home by bus
- PM Narendra Modi announces PM-CARES fund to fight coronavirus outbreak
- Fighting coronavirus: Food riots are a real possibility, says Pronab Sen
- Fighting coronavirus: On the streets, the mood changes to empathy
- States to use Rs 29,000 cr SDR fund for food, shelter to migrants: MHA
Coronavirus LIVE: Don't take lockdown lightly, says PM Modi
India's number of coronavirus cases rose to 979 on Sunday. Prime Minister Modi presented his Mann Ki Baat speech on the 21-day lockdown. Stay tuned for LIVE updates on Covid-19
Prime Minister Narendra Modi gestures during his address to the nation on coronavirus pandemic in New Delhi, Thursday, March 19, 2020. Photo: PTI
Coronavirus LIVE updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday spoke about the 21-day lockdown of the nation to stem the spread of the coronavirus on his radio show "Mann Ki Baat". He apologised for the inconvenience occurred to citizens but urged them to follow the lockdown and not take the situation lightly.
The number of coronavirus cases in India rose to 979 with fresh cases being reported since Saturday, while the death toll stood at 25, according to the Union Health Ministry.
The number of cases worldwide have crossed more than 660,000 with over 30,000 deaths. US cases have surpassed 100,000-mark while Italy's death toll has crossed 10,000 mark.