- Pharma firms cut Remdesivir injection prices on govt intervention: NPPA
- Coronavirus: Top seer urges people to attend Kumbh in limited numbers
- Ant explores ways for Jack Ma to exit as China piles pressure: Report
- PM Modi calls review meeting on Covid, vaccination situation at 8 pm today
- IPL 2021, MI vs SRH Match-9 live score: Mumbai wins toss, elect to bat
- Covid situation in Delhi 'very serious', shortage of oxygen, ICU beds: CM
- HDFC Bank's net profit rises 18% to Rs 8,186 cr in Q4, misses estimates
Coronavirus LIVE: At 40,414 cases, Maharashtra sees highest one-day spike
Coronavirus LIVE updates: The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu
A medic takes a sample from a vendor for COVID-19 test, amid coronavirus pandemic, at Juhu beach in Mumbai (Photo: PTI)
Coronavirus cases in the country are rising at a rate not seen since May last year, indicating that India’s second Covid-19 wave may be worse than the first wave despite the ongoing vaccination drive.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,637,735), Kerala (1,113,722), Karnataka (981,044), Andhra Pradesh (896,863), and Tamil Nadu (875,190).
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 127,264,763 infected by the deadly contagion. While 102,550,391 have recovered, 2,788,799 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 30,917,130 cases, followed by Brazil, India, Russia and France.
Stay tuned to LIVE updates on coronavirus