- Windfall tax: $12 margin hit for Reliance; govt to rake in Rs 1.3 trn
- Highest 28% GST on luxury, sin goods to continue: Revenue Secretary
- IndiaMART InterMESH hits 52-week low; stock slips 43% in six months
- Bajaj Auto starts share buyback worth Rs 2,500 crore at Rs 4,600 per share
- RBI should intervene less, let rupee depreciate gradually: D Subbarao
- TVS Motor may soon cross Rs 1,000-mark; chart strongly in favour of bulls
Covid LIVE: Not happy about curbs, but have to break the chain, says Uddhav
Coronavirus live updates: Maharashtra, UP, Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, MP, Gujarat, Rajasthan- have shown steep rise in daily Covid-19 cases. Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: India recorded a massive surge of 161,736 Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours. With this, India's Covid tally has shot up to 13,689,453 cases, according to MOHFW. India is now the 2nd worst-hit nation in terms of total Covid-19 cases and 3rd-worst hit country in terms of active cases. India also witnessed 880 fatalities due to covid-19 in a single day. The death toll from the deadly infection stands at 171,089.
Mumbai on Monday recorded 6,905 new Covid-19 cases, the lowest single-day count so far in April. Uttar Pradesh recorded 13,685 new cases. Maharashtra registered over 51,000 fresh cases, while Delhi witnessed 11,491 cases.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (3,458,996), Kerala (1,167,190), Karnataka (1,074,869), Tamil Nadu (933,434), and Andhra Pradesh (925,401).
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 137,240,920 infected by the deadly contagion. While 110,419,487 have recovered, 2,958,141 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 31,800,724, followed by India, Brazil, France and Russia. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, India, Brazil and Belgium.