- PM Modi sought early extradition of economic offenders with Johnson: MEA
- BJP targets Trinamool Congress for post-poll violence in West Bengal
- S&P, Dow Jones bring bitcoin, ethereum to Wall St with crypto indexes
- Clamour grows for Covid-19 regulatory package from banks and NBFCs
- Pricing pressure in US market to impact margins of pharma companies
- Modi, Johnson hold virtual summit; UK PM announces 1 bn pound trade deal
- Moderate growth guidance takes the sheen off L&T Technology stock
- DATA STORY: India's Covid tally tops 20 mn, over 320,000 recover in a day
- DoT approves telcos' applications for 5G trials; no Chinese tech for trials
Covid LIVE: Avoid testing healthy people during domestic travel, says ICMR
Coronavirus live updates | Statewise list of fresh Covid-19 cases: Maharashtra records 48,621 cases, followed by Karnataka (44,438), Delhi (18,000), Kerala (26,011). Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: India on Tuesday reported 357,229 fresh Covid-19 cases. With this, the cumulative caseload nears 20.3 million, according to MoHFW. In the past seven days alone, India has added 2,613,415 infections to its tally. As many as 3,438 deaths were also reported today. The country now has 3.44 million active cases.
Some states and UTs such as Maharashtra, Punjab, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand are showing early signs of plateauing or a decrease in daily new cases of Covid-19 offering cautious hope of some respite from a deadly second wave that has held the country in a vice-like grip since March.
Maharashtra reported 48,621 fresh infections, followed by Karnataka (44,438), Delhi (18,000), Kerala (26,011), Andhra Pradesh (18,000) in the past 24 hours.
The six most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (4,771,022), Kerala (1,664,789), Karnataka (1,601,865), Uttar Pradesh (1,313,487), Tamil Nadu (1,207,112), and Delhi (1,194,552).
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 154,161,386 infected by the deadly contagion. While 132,273,257 have recovered, 3,226,272 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 33,228,988, followed by India, Brazil, France and Turkey. However, in the past seven days, India has added the highest number of fresh cases at 2,613,415, followed by the Brazil (414,123) and US (361,019).