- Jio leads active wireless subscriber base, adds 6.1 mn users in July
- China shouldn't 'shift goalposts' on border issue, says Indian envoy
- 'Economy shifting to different plane', India needs big banks: Sitharaman
- Leading indicators suggest economy recovering, says economist Bhanumurthy
- PM Narendra Modi clocks 20 meetings in his 65-hour stay in US
- Inter-co managerial/leadership services to attract 18% GST
- Fuel supply by Coal India to power sector rises 11% in August
- Luxury carmaker Audi pitches for lower import duties on electric vehicles
- Govt has no interest in acquiring any telecom firm: Vodafone Idea CEO
LIVE: MP govt sets rates for hospitals treating Covid-19 patients
Coronavirus latest news: India's coronavirus cases stand at 4,023,179. Globally, there are 26,795,701 cases of the highly contagious disease. Stay tuned for coronavirus LIVE updates
Corona update: With 86,432 new cases, India's tally has now surged past the 4-million mark to 4,023,179. This is the third consecutive day when the country has recorded over 80,000 cases in a single day. India is only a notch away from replacing Brazil as the second-most affected nation. The country's death toll currently stands at 69,614, according to Worldometer.
Maharashtra, the worst-hit state has recorded its highest-ever single-day spike of 19,218 coronavirus cases. Five most affected states by total tally of cases are Maharashtra (863,062), Andhra Pradesh (465,730), Tamil Nadu (439,959), Karnataka (370,206), and Uttar Pradesh (253,000).
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 26,795,701. While 18,880,235 have recovered, 876,032 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 6,387,052 cases. It is followed by Brazil, which has 4,091,801, India (4,023,179) and Russia (1,015,105).
Stay tuned for coronavirus LIVE updates