- Virus mutated in Jan/Feb, spread more rapidly: AIIMS chief on Covid surge
- My phone is being tapped, will order CID probe: Mamata Banerjee
- Nordic region, Bitcoin's green haven, is running out of surplus electricity
- Worldwide coronavirus death toll tops a staggering three million
- HDFC Bank Q4 net profit rises 18% YoY to Rs 8,186 crore
Coronavirus LIVE: Maharashtra reports 15,817 new cases, 56 deaths in a day
Coronavirus live updates: Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, MP, Delhi, Gujarat and Karnataka - are displaying an upward trajectory in the number of fresh cases. Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: India reported 23,285 fresh Covid-19 cases on Thursday pushing the overall tally to 11,308,846, according to Worldometer. The death toll from the deadly infection jumped to 158,326. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 11th among worst-hit nations by active cases. The five most affected states are Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu.
The total number of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered in the country crossed 26,164,000.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 119,097,578 infected by the deadly contagion. While 94,635,198 have recovered, 2,640,868 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 29,922,718, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, Brazil, UK and Belgium.