- Dilemma over bank licences: NBFCs struggle to make the cut for RBI's rules
- Standards for shared economy on the cards amid rise in consumer complaints
- Piramal Group not eligible to acquire Reliance Capital, says Irdai
- Officers to face strict disciplinary action for coercive GST collection
- RBI likely to introduce a comprehensive IT outsourcing framework
Coronavirus LIVE: PM announces vaccination festival between April 11 and 14
Live updates: Mumbai has recorded 8,938 cases and, Delhi 7,437 cases in the last 24 hours. PM Modi is meeting CMs to discuss rising cases. Stay tuned for all coronavirus updates
Coronavirus live updates: States should focus on micro-containment zones and increase testing, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday as he discussed coronavirus situation and strategies to contain the fresh wave of infections with all the chief ministers.
He also suggested three-day vaccine festival from April 11-14 to the chief ministers and said that during these three-days, states should aim to vaccinate as many (those who are eligible) as possible.
India is seeing an alarming spike in daily coronavirus infections, and on Thursday, the country saw a record single-day spike of 126,789 new cases, pushing its total tally to 12,928,574, while the number of active cases too went upwards to breach the 900,000-mark again.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 133,664,017 infected by the deadly contagion. While 107,789,569 have recovered, 2,897,996 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 31,634,657, followed by Brazil, India, France and Russia. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, Brazil, India and Belgium.