- TN: Tata Power to invest Rs 3k cr to set up solar cell manufacturing unit
- Windfall tax: $12 margin hit for Reliance; govt to rake in Rs 1.3 trn
- Highest 28% GST on luxury, sin goods to continue: Revenue Secretary
- IndiaMART InterMESH hits 52-week low; stock slips 43% in six months
- Bajaj Auto starts share buyback worth Rs 2,500 crore at Rs 4,600 per share
- RBI should intervene less, let rupee depreciate gradually: D Subbarao
Coronavirus LIVE: Maharashtra sees record daily count of 63,294 cases
Coronavirus live updates: India has administered a total of 98 million Covid-19 vaccines to 3.6% of its population
Coronavirus live updates: India on Sunday reported 152,879 new Covid-19 cases to take the total infections to 13,358,805, according to health ministry data. The country reported 839 deaths to take the total fatalities to 169,27.
India has administered a total of 98 million Covid-19 vaccines to 3.6 per cent of its population, of which 6 per cent have received one dose and only about 0.9% have received the two shots required, according to a Bloomberg tracker. This is well below the country’s target of immunizing 300 million people by August.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 135,276,385 infected by the contagion, according to Saturday’s data. While 108,848,402 have recovered, 2,927,491 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 31,800,724, followed by Brazil, India, France and Russia. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, Brazil, India and Belgium.