- 'Ecosystem being created in world, India to make social media accountable'
- Corporate defaults may rise again on cost pressures: Crisil report
- Oil plummets below $100 per barrel as recession risks come to forefront
- 7th fright in 2 months for SpiceJet: Two planes in mid-air scare on Tuesday
- At 3,098, Maharashtra sees 104% spike in new Covid cases in 24 hours
- Employee costs surge over 12% to a record Rs 10.8 trillion in FY22
Coronavirus LIVE: No new case in 47 districts in last 3 weeks, says govt
Coronavirus live updates: Globally, nearly 105 million people have been infected by the virus and the death toll stands at 2,276,303
Coronavirus updates: India recorded 12,703 fresh Covid-19 cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). The total number of active cases in the country has fallen to 156,952, while the caseload tally stands at 10,799,024. Globally, nearly 104.9 million people have been infected by the virus. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 18th among worst-hit nations by active cases.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,030,274), Karnataka (940,170), Kerala (938,353), Andhra Pradesh (888,004), and Tamil Nadu (839,352).
Nearly 4.5 million (44,49,552) beneficiaries have received Covid-19 vaccine shots in merely 19 days, the Union Health Ministry said on Thursday. India became the fastest country in the world to reach the 4 million Covid-19 vaccination mark, achieving this feat in 18 days.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe, with nearly 105 million infected by the deadly contagion. While 76,754,892 have recovered, 2,276,303 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 27,142,268, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.