- SUVs to tractors: M&M doesn't takes foot off pedal, is on recovery road
- Eknath Shinde is fourth Maharashtra Chief Minister hailing from Satara
- Hospitality industry outlook looks quite strong: Chandrasekaran at IHCL AGM
- Justice Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on US Supreme Court
- Bull run on Dalal Street continues for Reliance, Adani Group companies
- Reliance Jio in talks with Ericsson and Nokia for 5G telecom gear
- Airtel opts to defer payment of Rs 3,000-cr AGR dues up to FY19 by 4 years
- Centre's fiscal deficit hits 12.3% of full-year target in April-May period
Coronavirus LIVE: Russia's Covid-19 vaccine over 91% effective, says study
Coronavirus LIVE updates: Globally, nearly 104 million people have been infected by the virus and the death toll stands at 2,247,005
Coronavirus update: India recorded merely 8,587 fresh Covid-19 cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). The total number of active cases in the country has fallen to 164,586, while the caseload tally stands at 10,768,991. Globally, nearly 103.9 million people have been infected by the virus. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 17th among worst-hit nations by active cases.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,026,399), Karnataka (939,387), Kerala (929,178), Andhra Pradesh (887,836), and Tamil Nadu (838,340).
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe, with nearly 104 million infected by the deadly contagion. While 75,893,395 have recovered, 2,250,670 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 26,915,712, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.