- Pfizer develops Covid pill that cuts hospitalisations and deaths by 89%
- India to use revenue surge to fund welfare programmes, says report
- Sidhu says he has taken back his resignation as Punjab Congress chief
- No proposal to extend free ration scheme beyond Nov 30: Food Secy
- Ola begins pilot of quick grocery delivery service in Bengaluru: Report
- Oil rises after OPEC+ rebuffs US call to boost output; Brent crude past $80
- Novavax files for emergency use listing of Covid-19 vaccine with WHO
- India Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai crosses 200,000 footfalls: Govt
- Bollywood stars return to India's big screens after more than a year
Coronavirus LIVE: India adds 1 mn cases in 13 days, tally crosses 4 mn
Coronavirus latest news: India's Covid total is now at 3,936,747. Maharashtra, Andhra, Karnataka, Delhi and Tamil Nadu account for 70% of total deaths in India. Stay tuned for coronavirus LIVE updates
Coronavirus update: India has once again recorded over 80,000 new coronavirus cases in a single-day at 83,341. The total now stands at 3,936,747. As many as 1,083 deaths were recorded across India yesterday, pushing the total Covid death toll to 68,569. Going by the current trend, India is seen overtaking Brazil as the most affected nation after the US in the next 48 hours. On a positive note, India's Covid-19 recoveries have surged to 29,70,492, pushing the recovery rate to over 77 per cent, according to the MoHFW.
Delhi has recorded 2,737 new cases, its highest single-day spike in 67 days. Its tally now stands at 182,306. The five most affected states by total tally of cases are Maharashtra (843,844), Andhra Pradesh (465,730), Tamil Nadu (439,959), Karnataka (370,206), and Uttar Pradesh (247,101). These five states account for 62 per cent of all active Covid-19 cases in the country. Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Delhi and Tamil Nadu account for 70 per cent of total coronavirus deaths in India.
Coronavirus world update: As many as 26,456,575 people around the world have been diagnosed with Covid-19. While more than 18,646,248 have recovered, 872,473 have died so far. The US, which is the worst-hit country, has 6,334,614. cases. It is followed by Brazil, which has 4,046,150, India (3,936,747) and Russia (1,009,995).
Stay tuned for coronavirus LIVE updates