India on Monday reported a set of encouraging trends in its coronavirus story. A net reduction of 11,121 brought its count of active coronavirus cases under the 300,000 mark for the first time since July 12, at 292,518. With a continuous trend of daily reductions, India’s share of global active coronavirus cases is down at 1.37 per cent (one in 73). The country added 19,556 cases, the fewest in a day since July 2, to take its total caseload to 10,075,116. And with 301 new fatalities, again the fewest since June 10, its Covid-19 death toll reached 146,111, or 1.45 per cent of total confirmed infections.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, December 22 2020. 11:30 IST