India on Thursday reported its biggest single-day spike of 69,652 in total count of coronavirus to take its tally to 2,836,925 from 2,767,273 the previous day – an increase of 2.5 per cent. The country’s Covid-19 death toll reached 53,866, with 977 fatalities being reported in a day. Now the third-most-affected country by total cases and fourth by death toll, India has added 437,635 cases in the past 7 days alone.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, August 20 2020. 16:46 IST