- Modi, Biden to discuss Afghanistan, 'front and centre issues': US official
- Top headlines: Govt withdraws spending curbs; direct tax mop-up grows 74%
- India's submarine conundrum: To go nuclear or conventional?
- 761 candidates, 545 men and 216 women, clear civil services exam 2020: UPSC
- Karnataka govt seeks to ban online gaming, worrying a booming industry
- Unmarried women can apply for national defence, naval academy exam
- SC stays Kerala HC proceedings over Centre's 10% reservation to EWS
- 'Dear POTUS...,' tweets farmer leader ahead of Biden's meeting with Modi
- 3 dead in shootout at Delhi court; gunmen posing as lawyers kill gangster
- Trailblazer basketball player Satnam to try hand at pro-wrestling
LIVE updates: Flood-like situation in Gujarat, Odisha after heavy rainfall
Stay tuned with Business Standard for all LIVE updates on latest news of the day
At least 18 people have been killed and 21 others reported missing after a massive landslide hit Nepal's Sindhupalchowk district, authorities said on Sunday, adding that a search and rescue operation was ongoing in the affected area. The landslide, which occurred on Friday in the district's Jugal Rural Municipality, also damaged 37 houses in Lidi village.
Krishna District Administration said that over 100,000 cusecs are expected in the Prakasam barrage and appealed people living in low-lying areas of the district to be alert about the possibility of flooding caused by heavy rains. The heavy rains have caused the Krishna river to overflow at Keesara.
The death toll due to the floods in Assam rose to 112 on Friday while more than 5.6 million people have been affected by the deluge so far. The State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) had informed that a total of 56,89,584 have been affected across 30 districts of the state.
Former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Saturday announced his retirement in an Instagram post. Dhoni posted a video montage with pictures at different points of his career along with a caption: "Thanks a lot for ur love and support throughout. From 1929 hrs consider me as Retired."