- HAL's Intermediate Jet Trainer flies again after extensive re-design
- Once arch rivals, Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav to share stage today
- Launch of Buddha Air's Kolkata-Kathmandu flight delayed till May 27
- Modi biopic verdict, PM's address to traders & more: Top news today
- Top 10 business headlines: Jet Airways crisis, RIL Q4 results, and more
- No Pakistan soldier or civilian died in Balakot air strike: Swaraj
- Launch of Buddha Air's Kolkata-Kathmandu flight delayed over LS polls
- India suspends cross-LoC trade with Pakistan, says route being misused
- India drops two places to 140th spot in World Press Freedom Index
- From Lok Sabha Phase-2 voting to RIL Q4 numbers, top events today
IAF pilot Abhinandan faced mental harassment in Pakistan, says report
Nirmala Sitharaman met the pilot at the Army's Research and Referral hospital here where he is undergoing a series of medical tests as part of a 'cooling down' process
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa met Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, a day after his release from Pakistan (Photo: ANI Twitter)
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Saturday met Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman and conveyed to him that the entire nation is proud of his courage and determination, officials said.
During the meeting at a medical facility of the Indian Air Force, Varthaman is understood to have explained to Sitharaman details about his nearly 60 hour stay in Pakistan.
Varthaman arrived in the national capital by an IAF flight around 11:45 PM Friday, nearly two-and-half hours after he crossed over to India through the Attari-Wagah border.
Catch LIVE updates India-Pakistan conflict