- PM Modi sends greetings to Imran Khan on eve of Pak National Day
- Pages that list Yeddyurappa's name photo copies: Tax dept on bribe row
- Govt bans Kashmiri separatist group JKLF under anti-terror law
- ED slaps Rs 14 lakh penalty on Kashmiri separatist Geelani in Fema case
- Sterling Biotech case: Accused Hitesh Patel held in Albania on ED notice
- Oppn is natural habitat of terror apologists: Modi on Pulwama, IAF strike
- JeM's Sajjad Khan, close aide of Pulwama mastermind, arrested in Delhi
- Nearly 300% jump in number of Indians applying for EB-5 visas in US
- Political cartoons emerge as social media warriors this election season
- Chowkidar not bothered about Rafale but hiding crucial data: Mayawati
IAF pilot Abhinandan faced mental harassment in Pakistan, says report
Nirmala Sitharaman met the pilot at the Army's Research and Referral hospital here where he is undergoing a series of medical tests as part of a 'cooling down' process
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa met Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, a day after his release from Pakistan (Photo: ANI Twitter)
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Saturday met Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman and conveyed to him that the entire nation is proud of his courage and determination, officials said.
During the meeting at a medical facility of the Indian Air Force, Varthaman is understood to have explained to Sitharaman details about his nearly 60 hour stay in Pakistan.
Varthaman arrived in the national capital by an IAF flight around 11:45 PM Friday, nearly two-and-half hours after he crossed over to India through the Attari-Wagah border.
Catch LIVE updates India-Pakistan conflict