- US stands with India in its efforts to defend sovereignty, liberty: Pompeo
- Education Ministry receives President nod for inquiry against DU VC: Report
- 2+2 talks: India, US vow to deepen cooperation in jointly combating Covid
- West Bengal records highest single-day recovery of 3,917 Covid patients
- Delhi record highest single-day spike of 8,583 cases, tally over 364,000
- 230 additional MBBS seats in four Rajasthan medical colleges approved
- Amended land laws smack of BJP's cheap politics, deceit, says Omar Abdullah
- Sharad Pawar to meet Nashik onion cultivators over suspended auctions
- No pay to doctors shameful, Centre must grant funds to MCDs: Kejriwal
- India Post, US Postal Service sign pact for electronic exchange of customs
IAF pilot Abhinandan faced mental harassment in Pakistan, says report
Nirmala Sitharaman met the pilot at the Army's Research and Referral hospital here where he is undergoing a series of medical tests as part of a 'cooling down' process
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Saturday met Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman and conveyed to him that the entire nation is proud of his courage and determination, officials said.
During the meeting at a medical facility of the Indian Air Force, Varthaman is understood to have explained to Sitharaman details about his nearly 60 hour stay in Pakistan.
Varthaman arrived in the national capital by an IAF flight around 11:45 PM Friday, nearly two-and-half hours after he crossed over to India through the Attari-Wagah border.
Catch LIVE updates India-Pakistan conflict