- Manoj Sinha reviews preparedness for Independence Day celebrations in J&K
- Amit Shah to lay foundation of Vindhyachal Corridor Project today
- China, India miss UN deadline to submit plans for cutting emissions
- Water supply to be affected in parts of Delhi today due to repair work
- First Zika virus case found in Maharashtra, officials say no need to panic
- North, central India to receive intense rainfall over next four days: IMD
- Delhi Police arrest lady don Anuradha Chaudhari of Kala Jathedi gang
- Rs 133 cr of taxpayers' money lost due to Parliament disruptions: Report
- China, India miss UN deadline to update emissions targets: Officials
- 89 militants killed in J&K this year; over 200 still active, say officials
IAF pilot Abhinandan faced mental harassment in Pakistan, says report
Nirmala Sitharaman met the pilot at the Army's Research and Referral hospital here where he is undergoing a series of medical tests as part of a 'cooling down' process
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Saturday met Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman and conveyed to him that the entire nation is proud of his courage and determination, officials said.
During the meeting at a medical facility of the Indian Air Force, Varthaman is understood to have explained to Sitharaman details about his nearly 60 hour stay in Pakistan.
Varthaman arrived in the national capital by an IAF flight around 11:45 PM Friday, nearly two-and-half hours after he crossed over to India through the Attari-Wagah border.
Catch LIVE updates India-Pakistan conflict