- State have rights to oppose CAA unless declared constitutional by SC: Sibal
- BJP poised to get new national president, Nadda frontrunner to succeed Shah
- Rajasthan government to introduce assembly resolution opposing CAA in state
- 19 Indians kidnapped near Nigerian coast released, one died in captivity
- NSA Doval meets Lankan Prez, pledges $50 mn security assistance from India
- Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: PM to interact with students, teachers on Monday
- Kerela Governor seeks report from state govt for moving SC against CAA
- There will be process to give citizenship to Sri Lankan Tamil refugees: FM
- Uttarakhand stations to replace Urdu with Sanskrit on railway signboards
- CAA, NRC 'internal matters' of India but unnecessary, says Sheikh Hasina
JNU violence LIVE: Hindu Raksha Dal chief takes responsibility for attack
JNU violence: Bollywood personalities led hundreds of people in a peaceful protest at Carter Road in Mumbai
JNU LIVE updates: Protests against the mob attack on Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students and teachers continue in different parts of the country. In Mumbai, students who called for a "Occupy Gateway" protest at the iconic Gateway of India have been moved to a different location. On Monday evening, Bollywood personalities led hundreds of people in a peaceful protest at Carter Road in Mumbai. Students of IIT Bombay, TISS, and members of students' organisations raised slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
On Sunday evening, masked people brandishing hockey sticks and iron rods stormed the JNU campus in Delhi and targeted students in three hostels, unleashing mayhem with sticks, stones and iron rods, hitting inmates and breaking windows, furniture and personal belongings. They also attacked a women's hostel. In the violence, 34 people were injured.