- Management guru Bala Balachandran, 84, passes away after brief illness
- India's intellectuals lay down strategy for the decade ahead
- Murmurs of Amarinder Singh jumping ship further rock Congress boat
- Punjab minister Razia Sultana quits in 'solidarity' with Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Flight crew, air traffic controllers to be tested for drugs from January
- Delhi riots: HC says premeditated conspiracy, not on spur of the moment
- 1 Pak terrorist killed, another captured in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh urges private sector defence industry to invest in R&D
- Extremely delighted to meet hockey star Sreejesh: Kerala CM Vijayan
- Need to build a new India on the basis of women-led development: Irani
Latest News LIVE: Brief Rajasthan Assembly session may be held this week
Poltical crisis in Congress-ruled state takes new turn. In Assam, 2,678 villages are under water and 1,16,404 hectares of crop are damaged in floods
A day after Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot met Governor Kalraj Mishra, Congress sources on Sunday said a brief session of the state assembly may be called this week. The government has all options open, including a brief assembly session, they said amid a political crisis caused by party leader Sachin Pilot's rebellion against Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
Floods claimed three more lives taking the death toll to 105 in Assam, where the disaster has affected 2.7 million lakh people in 26 of the 33 districts and destroyed houses, crops, roads, and bridges at several places. Ninety animals have died in Kaziranga National Park this monsoon season.
At least 2,678 villages are submerged, the latest bulletin said, adding that 1,16,404 hectares of crop areas have been damaged by the deluge across the state.
The Special Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police has arrested Sanjay Jain whose name had surfaced in a viral audio recording about horse-trading of legislators to "topple" the Congress government in the state. Meanwhile, dissident leader Sachin Pilot urged people to aid those affected by the floods in Assam and Bihar. He said, "I appeal to all Indians, to come together, join in the efforts to help support those affected in these extreme flood situations."
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day
or reload the browser