- What can be bigger offer than suspending farm laws for 18 months: Minister
- Uttarakhand flood: Experts point to rising human intervention in Himalayas
- As a minister, i was against power projects on Ganga: Uma Bharti
- Glacial burst in Uttarakhand a grim reminder of 2013 Kedarnath deluge
- Uttarakhand flood: Army deploys four columns, medical teams in rescue ops
- Rishiganga hydro project washed away by glacier burst in Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand glacier blast: State CM announces Rs 4 lakh for kin of deceased
- No returning home till farmers' demands are met: Union leader Tikait
- Uttarakhand glacier burst: ITBP rescues all 16 people trapped in tunnel
- Over 5,900 kg narcotics seized during last 6 months in various operations
LIVE: Uttarakhand glacier burst leaves 7 dead, 125 missing; rescue ops on
There is no danger of floods in the downstream areas as the water level has been contained.
ITBP personnel carry out search and rescue operation at Tapovan Tunnel, after a glacier broke off in Joshimath in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district causing a massive flood in the Dhauli Ganga river | PTI
Latest News LIVE updates: A glacier broke off in Joshimath in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district on Sunday, causing a massive flood in the Dhauli Ganga river and endangering the lives of people living along its banks. Massive destruction is feared.
"3 NDRF teams have reached there. More teams are ready to be airlifted to Uttarakhand from Delhi. ITBP jawans are also there. I assure the people of Uttarakhand that the Modi government stands with them in this difficult time. All help will be extended," Home Minister Amit Shah said.
PM Modi said relief work is in full progress in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district, where a glacier burst, leading to a massive flood and causing large-scale devastation. The PM added that he is in constant touch with the chief minister of Uttarakhand, and is keeping track of the situation.
"Today, we are at one end of Maa Ganga. But the state of Uttarakhand, which is the origin of Maa Ganga, is facing a disaster. I am in constant touch with the chief minister of Uttarakhand, the Union home minister and officials of the NDRF," he said.
Meanwhile, preparations are underway in the Haldia area of Purba Medinipur district in West Bengal to Welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is scheduled to visit the state in later half of the day. PM Modi will lay the foundation stone of key infrastructure projects in Haldia.
Stay tuned for LIVE updates on latest news