- PM Modi to interact with fitness influencers, citizens on Thursday
- Centre trying to replicate Ganga Mission-like rejuvenation of other rivers
- Policymakers discuss ways to address gender gap in STI Policy 2020
- LS clears three crucial codes for workers' welfare subsuming 29 labour laws
- China links troop pull back with Indian withdrawal from Kailash Range
- India, China agree on disengagement of troops, to hold more talks: Report
- Farm fires started, to have minimal impact on Delhi for next 3 days: SAFAR
- Pesticides Management Bill needs more consultations, say farm experts
- Army recovers drone dropped arms, ammo in J&K; probe suggests JeM hand
- Labour reforms to put India among top 10 in ease of doing biz: Report
LIVE news: India says committed to resolve all outstanding issues along LAC
Stay tuned with Business Standard for latest news LIVE updates
India and China have held several rounds of military and diplomatic talks in the last two-and-half months
India and China on Tuesday held another round of military talks to ease escalating tension triggered by fresh confrontation between the two sides on the southern bank of the Pangong lake in eastern Ladakh. The Brigade Commander-level talks began at 10 am in Chushul on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh with a specific agenda to discuss the situation around the Pangong lake.
In another major development, the Supreme Court on Tuesday granted 10 years to telecom firms such as Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel and Tata Teleservices for paying the Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR)-related dues to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) with certain conditions. The apex court asked telcos to pay 10 per cent of the AGR-related dues by March 31, 2021.
Meanwhile, the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE)-Mains for admission to engineering colleges were conducted today amid stringent precautions and social distancing measures in view of Covid-19 pandemic. Staggered entry and exit for candidates, sanitisers at the gate, distribution of masks and maintaining social distancing as candidates queued up, were among the scenes witnessed at the exam centres across the country.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day