- Don't confuse border affairs with boundary question: India to China
- Mumbai: 39 inmates of Byculla Women's Jail test positive for Covid-19
- Mann Ki Baat: Modi seeks annual 'river festival' to ease water pollution
- Amit Shah to chair meeting with CMs of 10 Naxal-hit states today
- Encounter breaks out between forces, terrorists in J&K's Bandipora
- Adequate security measures to be taken for 'Bharat bandh': Delhi Police
- Andhra Pradesh govt extends support to farmers call for Bharat Bandh
- Alert sounded in parts of Odisha over Cyclone Gulab, says IMD
- 'Damaged credibility': Modi's UN speech asks WHO, World Bank to shape up
- PM Modi's visit to US very successful, comprehensive: Foreign Secretary
LIVE news: India says committed to resolve all outstanding issues along LAC
Stay tuned with Business Standard for latest news LIVE updates
India and China on Tuesday held another round of military talks to ease escalating tension triggered by fresh confrontation between the two sides on the southern bank of the Pangong lake in eastern Ladakh. The Brigade Commander-level talks began at 10 am in Chushul on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh with a specific agenda to discuss the situation around the Pangong lake.
In another major development, the Supreme Court on Tuesday granted 10 years to telecom firms such as Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel and Tata Teleservices for paying the Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR)-related dues to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) with certain conditions. The apex court asked telcos to pay 10 per cent of the AGR-related dues by March 31, 2021.
Meanwhile, the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE)-Mains for admission to engineering colleges were conducted today amid stringent precautions and social distancing measures in view of Covid-19 pandemic. Staggered entry and exit for candidates, sanitisers at the gate, distribution of masks and maintaining social distancing as candidates queued up, were among the scenes witnessed at the exam centres across the country.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day