- In Punjab, farmers' body to start 'rail roko' agitation from Sep 24
- BSP not in support of two bills related to farmers passed in Parl: Mayawati
- Top headlines: Online festive sale to rise by 50%; Covid hits brand value
- Harsimrat Badal resigned under pressure of Punjab's local politics: BJP
- 32 earth observation sensors with advanced capabilities in orbit: Minister
- 'Centre should include Kannada, other regional languages in administration'
- PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate Kosi Rail Mega Bridge in Bihar today
- Many engaged in confusing farmers over agricultural reforms, says PM Modi
- Farmers' trust sacred to us, proud to stand with them: Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Export ban: Bangladesh-bound onion trucks stranded at many land borders in
LIVE updates: India, France to expand cooperation in Indian Ocean Region
Bombay HC is hearing a plea which alleges that a media trial is being carried out by news channels under the garb of investigative journalism in Sushant's death case. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Photo: Twitter/ Rajnathsingh
The Indian Army has put barbed wires as obstacles at heights under its control at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) bordering Ladakh, signalling to the Chinese that they cannot enter its territory. The People's Liberation Army (PLA) has made multiple attempts to take over Indian-held positions, sources said.
“This has been done to discourage them from coming close to areas we are occupying. The message is loud and clear, don't come into our area,” the official said.
Meanwhile, the first batch of five Rafale fighter jets were formally inducted into the Indian Air Force today in Ambala air base, at a time when India is engaged in an escalating border row with China in eastern Ladakh.
A galaxy of dignitaries including Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, his French counterpart Florence Parly, Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria and Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar will attend the ceremony.
In another news, services on the Delhi Metro's Red, Violet and Green lines are set to resume today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will digitally launch the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) today and also inaugurate the e-Gopala App, a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use by farmers.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.