- Tamil Nadu withdraws order permitting 100% occupancy in cinema halls
- No decision at meet as unions did not offer alternatives to repeal: Tomar
- Top headlines: Stalemate continues over three farm laws, IT shares rally
- Bird flu confirmed in 6 states; unusual deaths of 16 birds in Delhi
- Avian flu: Over 160,000 poultry birds to be culled in Haryana's Panchkula
- Kerala Governor remarks on agriculture reforms a 'farce', says BJP
- Bird flu scare hits chicken consumption, sales in Andhra Pradesh
- No solution except repealing farm laws: Cong on farmers' protests
- 26/11 mastermind Lakhvi gets 15-year jail term in Pak for terror financing
- Farmer unions press govt on scrapping laws, another meeting Jan 15
LIVE: India, Uzbekistan ink 9 pacts; vow to effectively deal with terrorism
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Prime Minister Narendra Modi
In another news, many doctors at several hospitals in the national capital, including AIIMS, on Friday sported black ribbons in support of the protest call of the IMA against the Centre's move allowing post graduate practitioners of Ayurveda to be trained in performing surgical procedures.
Meanwhile, the Union home ministry summoned West Bengal’s DGP and chief secretary on December 14 regarding the law and order situation in the state. This comes a day after the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP’s) chief JP Nadda’s convoy was attacked.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the International Bharati Festival, 2020, today via video conferencing. The festival was organised by Vanavil Cultural Centre to celebrate the 138th birth anniversary of Tamil poet and writer Mahakavi Subramanya Bharati.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day