- Management guru Bala Balachandran, 84, passes away after brief illness
- India's intellectuals lay down strategy for the decade ahead
- Murmurs of Amarinder Singh jumping ship further rock Congress boat
- Punjab minister Razia Sultana quits in 'solidarity' with Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Flight crew, air traffic controllers to be tested for drugs from January
- Delhi riots: HC says premeditated conspiracy, not on spur of the moment
- 1 Pak terrorist killed, another captured in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh urges private sector defence industry to invest in R&D
- Extremely delighted to meet hockey star Sreejesh: Kerala CM Vijayan
- Need to build a new India on the basis of women-led development: Irani
LIVE: Assam flood affects over 600,000 people, death toll stands at 66
RBI is engaged with all stakeholders for resolution for Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank," Shaktikanta Das said. Stay tuned with Business Standard for the latest news of today
RBI has taken several measures to protect country's financial system and support the economy in the current crisis, Governor Shaktikanta Das said on Saturday. Addressing the seventh SBI Banking & Economics Conclave, through a video call, he said that the top most priority for RBI is growth and financial stability.
"RBI has strengthened its offsite surveillance mechanism to identify emerging risks. RBI is engaged with all stakeholders for resolution for Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank," Das said.
Meanwhile, interim Congress President Sonia Gandhi has called a meeting of Lok Sabha MPs to discuss issues facing the nation today. According to reports, the issues which will be deliberated are mainly the Chinese border transgressions and economic situation arising due to Covid-19.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day