- Citibank's India consumer banking chief Shinjini Kumar steps down
- Union Minister Suresh Angadi an unbeatable MP from Belagavi for four terms
- Over 256,000 hectare land in India affected by forest fire in 2019: Govt
- Goa cabinet approves transfer of loss-making sugar factory to agr dept: CM
- Rajnath Singh to dedicate 43 bridges in seven states and UTs on Thursday
- MoS Railways Suresh Angadi passes away due to coronavirus at AIIMS
- WFH culture has worked well amid Covid; will continue after pandemic: Gates
- Monsoon may start withdrawing from west Rajasthan September 28 onwards: IMD
- Punjab to set up Vigilance Commission to keep check on corruption
- Over 12.6 mn got free treatment under Ayushman Bharat scheme: Govt
Latest LIVE: Trump announces 'historic' peace pact between UAE, Israel
Sachin Pilot met Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot on Thursday, the first time after he openly rebelled against the senior leader a month back. Stay tuned for live updates on latest news
The Ashok Gehlot-led Congress government will move a confidence motion in the Rajasthan Assembly during the session beginning Friday, a party leader said. This was announced Thursday at the Congress Legislature Party meeting chaired by Gehlot. Just hours earlier, the opposition BJP said it will move a no-confidence motion during the session.
Sachin Pilot met Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot on Thursday, the first time after he openly rebelled against the senior leader a month back. Party leaders K C Venugopal, Avinash Pande, Randeep Surjewala, Ajay Maken and Govind Singh Dotasra were also there at the meeting, posing together for the cameras at Gehlot's official residence.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a new platform, 'Transparent Taxation Honouring the Honest', aimed to carry forward the journey of direct tax reforms. Taxpayers won’t be harassed and treated with suspicion, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday as he announced a charter listing their rights and responsibilities.
The tax system will be "seamless, painless and faceless", said he in a televised speech. All interaction between the tax department and taxpayers will be faceless and done online to remove the scope of harassment and corruption. “With faceless assessment, the taxpayer is assured of fair, courteous and rational behaviour. Taxpayers charter is also a big step in the country's development journey,” he said.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day