- Modi, Biden to discuss Afghanistan, 'front and centre issues': US official
- Top headlines: Govt withdraws spending curbs; direct tax mop-up grows 74%
- India's submarine conundrum: To go nuclear or conventional?
- 761 candidates, 545 men and 216 women, clear civil services exam 2020: UPSC
- Karnataka govt seeks to ban online gaming, worrying a booming industry
- Unmarried women can apply for national defence, naval academy exam
- SC stays Kerala HC proceedings over Centre's 10% reservation to EWS
- 'Dear POTUS...,' tweets farmer leader ahead of Biden's meeting with Modi
- 3 dead in shootout at Delhi court; gunmen posing as lawyers kill gangster
- Trailblazer basketball player Satnam to try hand at pro-wrestling
Latest LIVE: Trump announces 'historic' peace pact between UAE, Israel
Sachin Pilot met Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot on Thursday, the first time after he openly rebelled against the senior leader a month back. Stay tuned for live updates on latest news
The Ashok Gehlot-led Congress government will move a confidence motion in the Rajasthan Assembly during the session beginning Friday, a party leader said. This was announced Thursday at the Congress Legislature Party meeting chaired by Gehlot. Just hours earlier, the opposition BJP said it will move a no-confidence motion during the session.
Sachin Pilot met Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot on Thursday, the first time after he openly rebelled against the senior leader a month back. Party leaders K C Venugopal, Avinash Pande, Randeep Surjewala, Ajay Maken and Govind Singh Dotasra were also there at the meeting, posing together for the cameras at Gehlot's official residence.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a new platform, 'Transparent Taxation Honouring the Honest', aimed to carry forward the journey of direct tax reforms. Taxpayers won’t be harassed and treated with suspicion, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday as he announced a charter listing their rights and responsibilities.
The tax system will be "seamless, painless and faceless", said he in a televised speech. All interaction between the tax department and taxpayers will be faceless and done online to remove the scope of harassment and corruption. “With faceless assessment, the taxpayer is assured of fair, courteous and rational behaviour. Taxpayers charter is also a big step in the country's development journey,” he said.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day