- Population growth rates have shrunk more for minorities: Pew report
- Jaishankar meets French, Iranian counterparts at UN General Assembly
- Air Marshal V R Chaudhari to be new chief of Indian Air Force
- Top headlines: Adani to invest $20 bn in RE; Modi to visit US Sept 22-26
- Afghan crisis, terrorism to figure prominently in Modi-Biden talks
- Notification allowing women in NDA to be released by May: MoD tells SC
- Centre allows IAS, IPS officers to retain gifts from foreign dignitaries
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Court fixes Sep 24 over charges against ex-UP minister
- Govt amends ammonium nitrate rules; introduces fire-fighting provisions
- Sivakasi, fireworks hub keeps fingers crossed as Delhi bans bangers
Latest News LIVE: US Fed hints at low interest rates until at least 2023
The 18-day Monsoon Session of the Parliament is being held amid unprecedented precautionary measures against coronavirus. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
The country’s economic recovery is likely to be gradual as the country is still reeling from the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19), RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said on Wednesday.
Addressing the FICCI National Executive Committee Meeting, the central bank chief said that the economic recovery is not fully entrenched. He added that the GDP data for the first quarter (Q1) was a telling reflection of how COVID-19 affected the economy.
Meanwhile, the Parliament's monsoon session is underway, which started on Monday with unprecedented precautions against the coronavirus, including staggered sittings of both houses and social distancing between MPs.
The Bihar government has set the wheels in motion for the construction of a new complex of the Patna Collectorate, days after the high court lifted an interim stay on the demolition of the historic landmark, dealing a blow to a sustained bid by citizens for its preservation. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is slated to lay the foundation stone of the new complex.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.