- NGT raps Haryana govt for using forest land to build police training centre
- Upgraded facilities for troops in eastern Ladakh as harsh winter sets in
- Twitter has apologised in writing for 'Ladakh in China' error: Lekhi
- Top headlines: Vedanta's EoI for govt stake in BPCL, Tesla enters S&P 500
- 57% Bihar ministers have declared criminal cases against them: ADR
- Eightfold increase in tobacco smuggling during June-Oct 20 : FICCI CASCADE
- Malabar 2020 drill in pics: US supercarrier Nimitz joins INS Vikramaditya
- Mumbai reports 541 new Covid-19 infections, taking tally to 270,654
- HC says Sudarshan TV matter pending in SC, refrains from entertaining plea
- Kangana Ranaut, sister Rangoli Chandel summoned by Mumbai police again
LIVE: I-T refunds worth Rs 1.36 trn issued to 4 mn taxpayers till Nov 17
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
CBDT issues refunds of over Rs 1,36,066 crore to more than 4.019 million taxpayers between 1st April, 2020 to 17th November
The Income Tax department on Wednesday issued refunds worth over Rs 1.36 trillion to over 4 million taxpayers so far this financial year. This includes Personal income tax (PIT) refunds amounting to Rs 35,750 crore and corporate tax refunds of over Rs 1 trillion during this period.
The Supreme Court today deferred the hearing of petitions seeking an extension of loan moratorium and waiver of interest on interest on term loans during the six-month Covid-19 moratorium period. On November 5, a three-judge bench of the apex court, headed by Justice Ashok Bhushan deferred the hearing to November 18, after the Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Venkatraman sought adjournment in the hearing, stating that the Solicitor General (SG), Tushar Mehta, was arguing in Central Vista case in another bench.
Amid the rise in Covid-19 cases in the NCR, particularly in the national capital, authorities in Noida have decided that people coming from Delhi to Noida will be randomly tested for the virus from today onwards.
Delhi University's new academic session commenced today.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.