- Rajnath Singh releases selected speeches of President Ram Nath Kovind
- Latest news LIVE: PM Modi, Bhutan PM to launch RuPay card Phase-II today
- 6 killed in blast at plastic factory in Malda; BJP seeks NIA probe
- Will continue dialogue: MEA on Indo-China border standoff in Ladakh
- US Navy Secretary's call to form new Indo-Pacific fleet riles China
- Strict curbs in place for devotees from outside Ayodhya for parikramas
- Modi, Bhutanese PM to jointly launch RuPay card Phase-II on Nov 20
- Everybody can't be allowed to prescribe medicines for treatment, says SC
- Pandemic-proof endorsers: The five names which stand out in 2020
- How the third-generation Hyundai i20 is pushing the envelope on price
Latest LIVE: Bihar Education Minister resigns three days after appointment
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Bihar Education Minister Mewa Lal Choudhary | Photo: @ANI
Bihar education minister Mewa Lal Chaudhary, whose appointment to the post had triggered a controversy on account of a corruption taint, on Thursday tendered his resignation, barely three days after being sworn in as a member of the Nitish Kumar cabinet.
The Supreme Court today restored a PIL, which was dismissed earlier, challenging the constitutional validity of Centre's newly enacted three farm laws on a ground that Parliament lacked power to make legislations on the subject as 'agriculture' is a state subject in the Constitution.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday announced hiking fines for not using face masks from Rs 500 to Rs 2,000 and increasing the number of beds for Covid-19 patients at hospitals amid a massive Covid-19 surge. He also appealed to the people not to celebrate Chhath at ponds and other water bodies in the city.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart from Luxembourg Xavier Bettel held a virtual summit today, covering a wide spectrum of bilateral relationship.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.